Zafar Masud Foundation
The Need of the Hour
Air travel is one of the safest modes of transportation. However, devastating plane crashes like Flight 8303 still occur due to improper regulations and passenger safety. This is why Zafar Masud is spearheading his very own organization dedicated to making travel safer for all.
The Zafar Masud Foundation aims to establish the very purpose of “Passenger Safety.” The organization will target all modes of transportation, including road, railway, sea, and air. The NGO will ensure that the strictest of rules and regulations are followed during all modes of transportation.
Passenger Safety for All
The End Goal
The Zafar Masud Foundation will be one of the first organizations to work on passenger safety across all modes of transportation. The NGO will address all obstacles and challenges related to safer travel and improve passenger safety awareness.
The foundation will target the following key areas to deal with:
- Creating far-spread passenger safety awareness for all transportation modes.
- Planning transport safety and accident prevention strategies.
- Enforcing stricter protocols and regulations on transportation means.
- Identify risks and weak points in travel pertaining to passenger safety.
- Lobbying with government agencies and social welfare organizations to augment passenger safety-related standards, laws, and regulations.
- Work on implementing new standards, rules, and regulations related to travel safety.
Non-governmental organizations and the private sector can help raise safety awareness and result in the implementation of stricter protocols. NGOs like the Zafar Masud Foundation can help prevent travel accidents locally and internationally. Efforts of such entities can save lives and avoid crippling disasters. However, social will and commitment are essential for the success of such an initiative. Hence we call you all to join hands in making travel safer and more comfortable for all.
Challenges & Roadblocks
Due to lack of proper checkpoints and protocols, we suffer a devastating loss of life every year via transportations accidents. We cannot emphasize the drastic impact of recklessness on passenger safety and transport regulations. The time is now to act vigilantly and establish a foundation dedicated to preserving the losses due to these incompetencies.
The best way to keep people safe is to prevent a crash from ever happening. But even if a crash does occur, many injuries can be avoided by using proven injury prevention strategies, escape techniques, and survival strategies. This foundation aims to ensure that both preventive and post-crash strategies are developed and enforced to contain damage and prevent loss of life.
The significant challenges and roadblocks that we are currently facing towards safer transportation include:
- Lack of passenger safety awareness.
- Ineffective planning of transportation safety.
- Lack of proper monitoring of safety requirements.
- Lack of strict protocols and regulations concerning passenger safety.
- Non-compliance with international travel safety rules and regulations.
- Lack of passenger motivation to pay attention to the safety information.
Ensuring adequate passenger safety will not be possible without implementing various innovations. The target areas will be related to fire risk prevention, passenger communications, vehicle operations, disaster response strategies, preventive plans, and more.