Mr. Irtiza Kazmi (@irtizakazmi) in discussion with Mr. Zafar Masud, President and CEO of the Bank of Punjab.
Candid and informative analysis of various aspects of Pakistan’s economic situation. Gain valuable insights into Pakistan’s economic challenges and possible solutions as we delve into an engaging conversation with the brilliant mind of Zafar Masud.
Pakistani economy is currently trapped in low growth, high inflation coupled with unemployment, falling investment, excessive fiscal deficits, and a deteriorating external balance position. Pretty tough position to be in…..
In this video,
- Zafar sheds light on: Has Pakistan defaulted (technically)?
- What’s the difference between rescheduling and re profiling of loans?
- Inflationary trend and the reasons thereof. Causes of inflation in Pakistan?
- Controlling inflation through monetary measures instead of fiscal?
- Inflationary trend and the reasons thereof.
- What will save Pakistan’s economy?
- Privatisation of state owned enterprises?
- Hybrid solution based on societal impact Remedial Action for Pakistan’s economic crisis
- What are Pakistan’s options to revive industries Steel mill privatisation PIA privatisation
- Experience of working and living in various cities and countries.
- Difference between Karachi and Lahore, also Karachi and Islamabad.
- Experience and observations from attending World Economic Forum.
- Visible presence of India at WEF.
- Brain drain from Pakistan….. pros and cons, a different perspective.
- Surviving the horrific plane crash. Miracle Man!
- Life changing experience and learnings.
- Personal, physical and mental rehabilitation.
- What really matters in life?
- Importance of relationships.
- Human nature, intrinsically good.
- New book: Leased breath / Borrowed Heaven Conscious realization
- And much much more…..
Mr. Irtiza Kazmi is a corporate and investment banking professional who has served for past eleven years as Executive Vice President and Divisional Head – Investment Banking in National Bank of Pakistan (NBP).